Friday, January 28, 2011

Today's Email [ 28012011] - 'Things I Wish My Mother Had Told Me'

Dear ladies,


Here are something I got from a book titled
'Things I Wish My Mother Had Told Me'.


Maybe you'll find - if not all - at least some of these tips useful.

A few things I wish I'd known long ago....



1. I wish I'd known how wonderful it was to be twenty, thirty, forty...

2. You can't please all the people all of the time.

3. Don't be too afraid of making an enemy - sometimes courage and honesty require it.

4. Never take offence - only small people take offence.

5. If it doesn't fit in the shop, it's not going to fit when you get home.

6. The things you worry about about are almost never the things that happen.

7. Never have anything to do with men who carry little purses.


8. It's better to clean and tidy less and read more.


9. Never go out with a man who doesn't make you laugh.


10. You can't change most people.
Don't expect them to give what they unable to give.


11. Don't do anything grudgingly.
If you're going to do it, however much you hate it, you might as well do it well.


12. It's never worth saving things for best.
Use the things you love everyday.


13. It's always worth reading - and learning - poetry.

14. A great haircut is worth any number of new dresses.


15. Never buy anything because 'It's bound to be useful'.

16. Never buy anything that you don't love or that isn't absolutely right.






With love,
A
 
************************
 
 
 
Click here to read excerpts.
 
 

0 comments:

loveNmarriage

World Wide Web